CRUISE SHIP DOCTOR JOBS
CRUISE LINE JOB OPENINGS
Cruise line companies hiring: PRINCESS CRUISES /HOLLAND AMERICA / P&O AUSTRALIA / SEABOURN /ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL / PULLMANTUR / CELEBRITY
The cruise ship employment agency Pro Sea Staff assists Registered Physicians in securing employment for cruise jobs with the above-listed cruise line companies.
Medical staff jobs on cruise ships offer excellent benefits and a great career opportunity with the possibility of continuous professional development and reliable employment. Cruise ship physician salary and benefits are also very attractive.
Assignments for Cruise doctor jobs are organized on a rotation basis of 4 months on board and 2 months off – on leave. Flights to and from your home are paid by the cruise line. A cruise ship physician is provided with Private Officers Single cabin accommodation. Housing and meals are paid for by the cruise line company.
Cruise ship doctor requirements
The requirements to work as a doctor on a cruise ship include a professional degree, relevant post-graduation experience and an unrestricted medical license.
Please consult the details below:
- MBChB, MBBCh (or equivalent) Medical degree
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine with at least three years post-graduation experience
- Majority of experience in one or more of the following areas: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Critical / Intensive Care, Cardiology, Anesthetics, Remote Medicine. Additional qualifications such as Diploma in Primary Emergency Care, Diploma in Anesthetics or FCEM are preferred
- Additional skills such as Ultrasound are advisable and certificates such as Advanced Trauma and Pediatric Life Support are also required by some cruise lines
In addition, applicants for cruise line physician jobs MUST have:
- Fluency in English – Must be able to communicate and work as a medical professional in English
- At least 3 years post-graduate experience in Adult Emergency medicine or family practice. Work experience must be recent
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and Basic Life Support (BLS). Some companies also require ATLS and PALS
- Good computer skills – Windows based software
- Ability to meet the challenge of learning to work as a Doctor in a new and different environment
Cruise line doctor: job description
As a cruise line doctor, you will be working closely with your medical colleagues and a team of nurses under your supervision. Cruise ship medical jobs involve providing both in and out patient care. Outpatient encompasses minor and severe illnesses, respiratory and gastrointestinal infections, minor skin complaints and accidental injuries. In-patient encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac diseases (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopedic problems and acute medical and surgical emergencies.
Working as a doctor on a cruise ship
The role of a cruise ship physician goes beyond the scope of responsibilities of a mere GP on a cruise ship. You will lead your team in the management of several areas including laboratory testing, radiography, computer work, dispensing of medication and the control and monitoring of stock. Opportunities for professional development are sponsored by the company.
Cruise ship doctor salary
How much do cruise ship doctors make? Along with the benefits offered by onboard employment, cruise ship doctor job salary can be an additional source of motivation for the professionals in search of a new career opportunity.
Most cruise ship doctors working on passenger cruise ships can expect to earn anywhere between $8000 and $12000 monthly. Cruise ship physician’s salary may vary. Factors such as previous ship experience, years of practice and certifications may be taken into consideration when determining the starting salary.
Only the candidates with the above-noted requirements will be considered for the cruise line doctor job openings.