CRUISE SHIP NURSE JOBS
RN POSITIONS ON CRUISE SHIPS
Cruise line companies hiring: PRINCESS CRUISES /HOLLAND AMERICA / P&O AUSTRALIA / SEABOURN /ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL / PULLMANTUR / CELEBRITY
The cruise ship employment agency Pro Sea Staff assists Registered Nurses (RN) in securing employment for cruise jobs with the above-listed cruise line companies.
All members of the onboard medical team provide first class medical services to passengers and crew. Cruise ship medical jobs are very demanding. At the same time being a nurse on a cruise ship provides a high level of job satisfaction.
Working as a nurse on a cruise ship
Assignments for Cruise ship nurse jobs are organized on a rotation basis of 4 months on board and 2 months off – on leave. Flights to and from your home are paid by the cruise line. A cruise ship nurse is provided with Private Officers Single cabin accommodation. Housing and meals are paid for by the cruise line company.
Cruise ship nurse requirements
The requirements to work as a nurse on board of a cruise ship include a professional degree, relevant post-graduation experience and an unrestricted medical license.
Please consult the details below:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license to practice with at least three years post-graduation experience in Emergency Medicine, ICU or other acute care settings
- A current ACLS certification
Additional requirements for cruise line nursing jobs include:
- Fluency in English – all cruise ship nurse practitioners must be able to communicate and work as a medical professional in English.
- At least 3 years experience post registration / degree in Accident & Emergency, Emergency Rooms or Medical Assessment Units
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Good computer skills – Windows based software
- Ability to meet the challenge of learning to work as a nurse in a new and different environment
Cruise ship nurse job description
Working as a nurse on a cruise ship requires dedication, precision and experience. Working closely with your medical colleagues, you will provide both in and out patient care. Outpatient encompasses minor illnesses, respiratory and gastro-intestinal infections, minor skin complaints and accidental injuries. In-patient encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac diseases (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopedic problems and acute medical and surgical emergencies.
Cruise ship RN salary
Cruise ship nurse salary is very attractive. Registered nurses on cruise ships can expect to earn anywhere between $4500 and $4800 monthly. Cruise ship nurse salary can vary slightly depending on different factors such as previous ship experience, years of practice and certifications held. Previous RN cruise job experience is of course welcome.
Career and professional development
As a cruise ship RN, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in several areas including laboratory testing, radiography, computer work, dispensing of medication and the control and monitoring of stock. Opportunities for professional development are sponsored by the company. Career progression to the Senior Nurse position is actively encouraged.