Employment in Hotels in the Netherlands
Although the primary business of Pro Sea Staff is the placement of candidates with cruise lines, the company also offers placement opportunities in Hotels and resorts in the Netherlands and partners with GP-Connect in the Netherlands to place qualified staff in various hotels and resorts throughout the Netherlands. Pro Sea Staff acts as the liaison between the candidates and GP-Connect.
It is important to note that employment with hotels is vastly different from employment on ships. Hotels provide employment conditions that are based on the employment laws in the countries in which they are located.
Important points about employment with hotels:
- Employment contracts are mostly Full Time contracts (12 months a year) / It is likely that the new hire will be subject to a probationary period.
- Working schedules are most likely to be 5 days per week
- Working routines are most likely to be 40 hours per week with the possibility to collect overtime if asked to work over 40 hours per week
- Regular holidays will be offered during the year at mutually agreed-upon times
- Housing is most likely to be provided free of cost by the hotel or at a moderate cost to the employee
- Meals are usually provided by the employer
Specific aspects of the contract will be discussed by a representative from Pro Sea Staff during the interview with the candidates.